Christmas is a magical time of year, full of family gatherings and special moments. It's the perfect moment to share love, joy, and gratitude.
One of the most charming ways to express this Christmas spirit is through a well-set table. Decorating a table is not just a matter of aesthetics but a reflection of the care and affection with which we welcome our guests.
As we want your celebrations to be unforgettable, here are some tips to help you prepare your Christmas table! Check it out!
Remember: it all starts with a warm welcome!
Welcoming guests goes beyond preparing a delicious meal. It's about creating a warm atmosphere and a memorable experience for the guests.
The centerpiece of this reception is the well-set Christmas table, reflecting the festive spirit and the significance of the occasion. It can be decorated in a simple or sophisticated way, but the essential is to convey the essence of the host and, above all, a lot of love and care!
How to Set the Christmas Table?
The organization of the table is essential for comfort and practicality during the feast. Here are some basic tips:
1) Plates: Start by placing the dinner plate in the center of each guest's seat. If you're serving an appetizer or soup, place a smaller plate on the dinner plate.
2) Utensils: Utensils should be arranged in the order of use, from outside to inside. To the left of the plate, place the forks (salad fork farthest to the left, followed by the dinner fork). To the right, place the knife (blade facing the plate) and then the soup spoon if necessary.
3) Napkins: Napkins can be placed to the left of the forks or on the central plate.
4) Glasses: Glasses should be positioned above and to the right of the plate. The usual order is: water, red wine, and white wine, from left to right.
5) Decorative Details: Finish with details like candles, floral arrangements, or Christmas-themed decorations that add a special touch and create a festive atmosphere.
Creating a Festive Atmosphere is Important
In addition to the arrangement of items, the choice of colors and elements is crucial. There's no need to resort to red, green, or golden tablecloths. Often, sophistication requires a different look.
Beige and green decorations with some red nuances work very well and immediately bring the Christmas atmosphere. Ornaments such as small pine trees, candles, or Christmas balls complement the decor.
The Final Touch: Hospitality and Human Warmth
The most important thing at a Christmas table is the atmosphere of warmth and joy that you create for your guests. A warm smile, friendly conversation, and attention to detail make all the difference. A well-set table is an invitation to share and celebrate the bonds that unite us.
Thinking about each piece is also essential! To make this choice easier, you can check out Tidelli's list of accessories that will make your environment even more sophisticated and special.
CHECK OUT OUR ACCESSORIES!
This Christmas, as you set your table, think of each detail as a note of love and care. That's the true art of hosting!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
We would like to express our gratitude to the talented artist Paula Sousa for her collaboration in the photos of the decorated tables, providing her beautiful ceramics and plates that added a touch of art and elegance to our compositions.
Ceramics: Paula Souza
Photos: Everton Barros